Re: unitedskins.com ~ It's about time

From scotartt <scot@systemx.autonomous.org>
Date Tue, 16 Nov 1999 10:12:17 +1100 (EST)
In-reply-to <38308871.421F51AF@atheist.com> from "Legba Carrefour" at Nov 15, 99 05:25:53 pm

> Whee. Supressing free speech is the answer to our problems!
>
> This sounds like a "free speech for me but not for thee". Hacktivism
> isn't about suppressing someone's right to free speech, it's about
> enabling free speech, enabling the flow of information to the people who
> are lied to or have no idea about the issue at all.

Hmmm. So when a white-power race hate group has a web page, its free
speech, but Korporat Fascist Global Transnational MegaDeth Korporations,
or the FBI, or whatever, don't ever engage in this 'free speech'. I mean
everyone pretty much applauds loudly when a Gubbermint page gets Hacked.
So, please DON'T flood-attack that Shell Oil web page, after all they are
entitled to their point of view on the situation in Nigeria.

Well, that about wraps it up for hacktivism.

This 'free flow of information' crap pisses me off. Fascists are fascists,
you have to take the fight right up to their faces, to let them KNOW they
are irresolutely opposed by members of society and that they will NOT gain
power without the cost of CIVIL WAR. fuck it, lets be realistic about who
they ARE, what they stand FOR, and what METHODS fascists will use to
achieve POWER. Pre-war Germans had all the 'information' they needed yet
they still loved the regime until they realised too late the price they
were going to pay for it.  'Information' be damned: I'm afraid it doesn't
stop bullets.

LIES and MISINFORMATION are not 'free speech' anyway (not that race hate
groups have any monopoly on this).  Remember the pre-condition for
shouting 'Fire' in a crowded theatre?

regs,
scot.