Re: unitedskins.com ~ It's about time

From Legba Carrefour <legba@atheist.com>
Date Mon, 15 Nov 1999 17:25:53 -0500
Organization Edible Messiah
References <199911152214.RAA06592@lists.tao.ca>

[: hacktivism :]

Whee. Supressing free speech is the answer to our problems!

This sounds like a "free speech for me but not for thee". Hacktivism
isn't about suppressing someone's right to free speech, it's about
enabling free speech, enabling the flow of information to the people who
are lied to or have no idea about the issue at all.

White supremacist web sites are NOT in the majority and there is PLENTY
of information to counter it. What REALLY scares me are the attempts by
the Anti-Defamation League to have hate speech censored. That is a
dangerous step to take.

And I don't care whether the censors are government or private, if we
deny them the right to speak, we are chipping away at our own rights.

Legba Carrefour