Re: proposal: splitting list

From Stefan Wray <swray@io.com>
Date Wed, 27 Oct 1999 23:31:56 -0500
In-reply-to <Pine.LNX.4.10.9910271202580.8159-100000@dojo.tao.ca>
References <Pine.LNX.4.10.9910271044300.5408-100000@eris.io.com>

[: hacktivism :]

At 05:41 PM 10/27/99 +0000, megan wrote:
>[: hacktivism :]
>
>Uhhhhh - Stefan.... if we can't have one healthy list, I don't understand
>what the rationale for splitting it into three unhealthy lists could
>be....

uhhhh.. maybe you're right. so let's make it a healthy list

>I also agree with your earlier posting about putting a radical filter on
>the FAQ - and actually injecting politics into this list. There are few
>politics behind vague (but intense) paranoia unfortunately....

so maybe those of us who are interested this should collectively draft this
sort of a FAQ and then put it out to the list. sort of like taking it to
committee.

>I would like to get back to our earlier discussions of what hacktivism is,
>if it is useful to us in progressive movements etc.... I am not interested
>in having this discussion with right-wingers with who I have no common
>cause (other than not liking state surveillance or whatever)....

definitely agreed

but supposing a vocal segment of this list (i.e. perhaps quite a number of
the original people) agree upon a certain focus (or affirm the original
focus, albeit with a radical filter), what happens when the threads devolve?