Re: proposal: splitting list

From megan <megan@tao.ca>
Date Wed, 27 Oct 1999 17:41:32 +0000 (GMT)
In-reply-to <Pine.LNX.4.10.9910271044300.5408-100000@eris.io.com>

[: hacktivism :]

Uhhhhh - Stefan.... if we can't have one healthy list, I don't understand
what the rationale for splitting it into three unhealthy lists could
be....

Let's just focus on getting the list that we've got back to what it was
before JED (ie: before the flood of new subscribers).... and have some
discussion here that comes down to more than - "i'm really paranoid and
have lots of reasons to be" or "you are so uncool cause you don't know how
to be a hacker" or whatever seems to be filling my box this past week.

I also agree with your earlier posting about putting a radical filter on
the FAQ - and actually injecting politics into this list. There are few
politics behind vague (but intense) paranoia unfortunately....

I would like to get back to our earlier discussions of what hacktivism is,
if it is useful to us in progressive movements etc.... I am not interested
in having this discussion with right-wingers with who I have no common
cause (other than not liking state surveillance or whatever)....

Anyhow - just my thoughts on this...

Megan

"If we are to vent our riotous anger let it be before they try to murder
Mumia Abu-Jamal, not after."
   ----------------------Michael Parenti, 1995
Find me at - http://www.tao.ca/~megan