Re: HateWatch Press Release: Activism vs Hacktivism

From Mark Jeftovic <markjr@privateworld.com>
Date Mon, 06 Sep 1999 13:28:09 -0700
In-reply-to <199909061300.JAA22487@tao.ca>

[: hacktivism :]

At 03:00 PM 9/6/99 +0300, Parsifal wrote:
>HAcking does not bring any real progress.

Obviously you're using "hacking" in the media co-opted "cracker" sense
of the word. I'm still sifting through a stack of email here so
excuse me if this has already bifurcated into a "define: hacker" thread
that I haven't read yet.

Many tools that power the internet itself are by-products of "hacking" in
the original sense of the word. Whether you consider this progress or
not is a matter of personal taste.

>Hackers are digital terrorists. If you have any socio-political
>knowledge, you should know that terrorism, as a means, has failed. Arabs
>and Judes are now aware of this.

Too bad we can't cc your email to whoever set off the car bombs in the
middle-east this weekend. Silly terrorists.

-mark
----
Mark Jeftovic, <markjr@easydns.com>
VP Technology, easyDNS Technologies Inc.
Director of Technology, Private World Communications
+1-(416)-535-8672 -phone
+1-(416)-535-0237 -fax