Re: spitting, hissing, desperate disagreement

From "Mike" <mike_cantelon@tcp.ca>
Date Mon, 06 Sep 1999 10:31:33 -0700

[: hacktivism :]

Lets move on, away from personal attacks and towards understanding and the
evolution of this forum into something more useful.

1) I am of the opinion that ethical debates such as "Free speech for Nazis?"
are off topic. It would be nice to move on towards discussions of hacktivism
tactics, the present and future of hacktivism, etc.

2) It would be healthy for this list if we focussed on our commonalities,
rather than our differences.

I believe direct action has its place when fighting Nazis. Parsifal believes
it doesn't. That's fine. It doesn't mean Parsifal doesn't believe in
fighting Nazis, it means Parsifal believes in using different tactics, i.e.
promoting tolerant viewpoints in media. I can see his point, but that
doesn't mean I am of the same opinion.

Mike