Re: Chechnya page refacement : biosys.bre.orst.edu

From Bronc Buster <bronc@2600.com>
Date Tue, 9 Nov 1999 16:01:03 -0500 (EST)
In-reply-to <199911091731.MAA15190@lists.tao.ca>

[: hacktivism :]

In normal cases I would fully support these guys and what they are doing,
but upon closer inspection, it turns out that these guys might just be
another gang of roving kode kiddies. If you take a look at some other
sites that have been hacked by the same gang in the last few days, you'll
see they are nothing more then "eYe eM eLe3t" kind of hacks. Out of the
several I were able to find, I only saw 2 that talked about Chechnya.

Either thay had a 180 degree change of heart, or they are hacking first
and looking for a cause to tie in with the hack later. Sometimes it's hard
to say in these cases, but looking at this person(s) track record, I'd say
it's the latter case :/

Too bad.

regards,
   Bronc Buster