Re: Chechnya page refacement : biosys.bre.orst.edu

From "Me Uh, K." <pram512@yahoo.com>
Date Tue, 9 Nov 1999 09:21:53 -0800 (PST)

[: hacktivism :]

I always approve of people that hack worthwhile and
relevant sites, in order to post a political view,
opinion, agenda, ect.
Well, I approve more, anyway.  I tend to have more
respect for them than the kids that hack sites just to
say 'Ann3. R. K3y 0wn3z your @zz!  Gr33tz t0 D0ug,
Lamm0rz, Fr3d, and 3v3ry1 at
#hax0rzk1cks0much@ZZ1tzn0t3v3nfunnyandw3c00l1o'

But either way, it's still stupid.  If you're willing
to sink to breaking the law in order to spread some
any kind of message, you're better off with a spam
campaign.  And there's always a designated outlet for
any kind of complaint you have.

There are a lot of people on the internet, and chances
are, if they're going to actually care enough to do
anything to help you, no matter what your plight,
they're already on a mailing list related to it (or
2).  The way information spreads over the net, all you
have to do is tell the right people, and anything you
have to say will spread on it's on.

-mia k. (who is afraid of the stupidity she sees on
defaced@attrition.org, even though it makes her want
to hack sites just to raise the bar somewhat)