Re: Australia Admits to Echelon

From sam de silva <sam@media.com.au>
Date Wed, 10 Nov 1999 08:50:26 +0000
In-reply-to <199911091637.LAA10042@lists.tao.ca>
References <199911081705.MAA05435@lists.tao.ca>

[: hacktivism :]

This is true - there was no admission of a systematic global surveillance
strategy which is what Echelon is meant to be - however - i think it is
worthwhile connecting the DSDs acknowledgement of the UKUSA alliance as an
admission of the existence of Echelon ... Echelon is in a strange way this
alliance, this agreement, this club, this network ...

Also, it helps stir the whole issue - claiming that the oz have admitted to
Echelon - because then they have to deny it and all - and it can be
interesting to see what happens. The idea that when everyone thinks you've
done something - you've actually done something.

I'll post an article to the net soon about this...

- Sam.