Re: Another suggestion for the List Server...

From Tom <trgarner@yta.attmil.ne.jp>
Date Sun, 31 Oct 1999 21:02:32 +0900
In-reply-to <002a01bf2379$f5f125e0$761e65cb@raven>
References <3.0.6.32.19991031013757.008fbb60@post.acadia.net> <002a01bf2379$f5f125e0$761e65cb@raven>

[: hacktivism :]

Greetings,

I'm on several programming lists (VB 6, Access, etc) and political lists
(Libertarian, Atheistic, etc..) they literarlly get about 200+ emails
per day (weekends they dramatically drop off).

Whats the point?  The point is, I get ton's of stuff, but that doesn't
mean I have to READ it right then/there.  All my mail is filtered by
content into the correct folder, when I feel the urge to read something,
I go to the folder and read, I never attempt to read everything I
receive and sometimes, I respond to posts from days or even weeks past,
just depends on my mode at the moment.

> It make it much more easier to orientate oneself when looking at 80 posts a
> day from different lists (+ private stuff)
>
> Just a thought.

Also to ANSWER your question about the HML

if you set your filter to the following:

"To:  hacktivism@tao.ca"

You MIGHT find your filter working a litter better, if its off, I'd
suggest another email client (I'm using BECKY! and (shameless plug) the
filters in the client work 100% (once they are set up and running).

My suggestion create a folder "Hacktivism" and anytime in the header you
find "hacktivism@tao.ca" MOVE it to your "hackitivism" folder... Just a
thought... :)

> Would it be possible to place something in the subject text of
> each post like HML (Hacktivism Mailing List) or something to distinguish
> these posts from other mail (and mail from other lists...)

----
Tom Garner
email:  trgarner@yta.attmil.ne.jp, tom.garner@yokota.af.mil, trgarner@hotmail.com
ICQ:  4580576