Re: successfully echelonised

From Mark Jeftovic <markjr@privateworld.com>
Date Wed, 29 Sep 1999 15:08:41 -0400 (EDT)
In-reply-to <Pine.A41.4.10.9909291213180.24894-100000@paris.NMSU.Edu>
Organization Private World Communications

[: hacktivism :]

On 29-Sep-99 superchango wrote:
> [: hacktivism :]
>
> Hi everybody:
> Correct me if I am wrong but I have understood that Zimmerman the creator
> of PGP sold out and went commercial. In doing so agencies such as NSA have
> acces to the mathematical sequences of encryption and therefore decryp
> things farely easy with proper machines and software that they definitely
> have.
> PEACE!

PGP was open source, hence the NSA (and anybody else) had access to the
"mathematical sequences" and algorithms long before Zimmerman "sold out".

Out of curiosity, the guy is a computer-type by trade, specializing in
encryption technology, so by parlaying a widely used package that *he*
created into a viable commerical venture he's selling out? What would
rather have him do, get a paper route and develop this stuff in his spare
time forever?

-mark

---
|||| mark jeftovic    (MJ177)   ====  http://stuntpope.cyberpunk.cc/      ||||