Re: http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/special/aussie.html

From pete <pete@tao.ca>
Date Mon, 6 Sep 1999 20:12:25 -0400 (EDT)
In-reply-to <199909062246.SAA05190@tao.ca>

[: hacktivism :]

> Indeed. If such a thing had to occur, this could shut down the KKK. And
> then ?
> What I mean is that you cannot ban racism by shutting down the KKK.
>
> There are numerous organizations sharing the same ideas....because there
> are a lot of people attracted by them : what i meaned by "supply and
> demand".
>
> If nobody was attracted by racist ideas, there would be no KKK.
>
> These organizations are just SYMPTOMS of racism. You don't cure something
> by killing the symptoms.
> When i speak of the underlying cause of racism and hate, i think they are
> the true disease, its roots.
> And yes, it may take a long time to find them out, but as long as you
> limit yourself to attack symptoms, you will never get rid of the disease,
> which again and again will reappear, producing new symptoms.
>
> and, BTW, do you think they would be stupid enough to keep online their
> members data ? really ?
> And do you think there are so many influent people in their organization
> ?. If it was the case, they would have the power to gag the media,
> wouldn't they ?
>
> Parsifal

Man, I wasn't going to say anything but you're sounding like David Dukes'
press secretary more and more with every post. I wonder who pays your
bills.

And by the way, you answered your own question: of course the KKK do
stupid things.. they are in the KKK aren't they? Maybe they just have keen
fashion sense.

Pete