Re: Re: list moderation

From Aimee <vanwagea@bc.edu>
Date Sat, 4 Sep 1999 13:16:31 -0900 (PDT)
Cc hacktivism@tao.ca
In-reply-to <3.0.1.32.19990903210609.00939100@is8.nyu.edu>

[: hacktivism :]

I want to add my voice here to agree a bit with
Stefan...While it was clear that spam message was just
that, it was an announcement of an ongoing action of
sorts.  It doesn't seem right away to be a hactivist one,
but we certainly haven't defined that is as of yet.  Public
art, which seemed to be generally the jist of the
"project" is perhaps a hactivist one.  Of course, the
message was also a solicitation for money.  Anyway.  I
don't know how quick we should be to jump on it.

I think the list should be left open for now.  This was just
one message and it was at least tangentially related to
hactivism.  If more spam follows, restricting posts to
members seems a good idea.

Aimee