Re: Re: list moderation

From Stefan Wray <sjw210@is8.nyu.edu>
Date Fri, 03 Sep 1999 21:06:09 -0500
In-reply-to <199909032307.TAA09074@tao.ca>

[: hacktivism :]

I'm still trying to figure out what the "spam" meant. ;-)

I think in an obscure way, the author was trying to say something. Clearly
there was a reference to modern war and what me might call postmodern
warfare. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

At issue, on this list anyway, is the meaning of terms. What is
"hacktivism"? What is "cyberterrorism"? What is "violence"? What is an
"attack"? There are numerous terms about which there is no consensus.

And now we are struggling with the meaning of "moderation".

It ain't gonna be easy.