Re: filling its 404 error logs with the names of the men, women and

From Pan <jaimelm@umich.edu>
Date Fri, 27 Aug 1999 02:40:36 -0400
References <Pine.NEB.4.05.9908270047530.3275-100000@phalse.2600.com>

[: hacktivism :]

Bronc Buster wrote:
> Not to mention, I do not see how this
> fits in as any type of 'Hacktivism'.

Hello Bronc... A while back you triggered some thoughts I've been hoping
to share with you. This list is a great arena for it. We can probably
start a good thread.

As a guest on "Parse/Hack", you once discussed some group who were
shutting down racist sites by completely screwing the box. Is that
"hacktivism"? Is the goal of "hacktivism" to augment avenues of speech
with an opposing voice (i.e.: reworking the text of a page, adding
links, fingering), or completely shutting down that avenue of speech
(destroying files, the drive and other destructive methods)?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Pan

[: http://www.tao.ca/~grugnog/hacktivism/ :]