Re: Ehippies new DoS tools and information

From carmin <carmin@pixelyze.com>
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:18:38 -0500

[: hacktivism :]

Pan wrote:

> [: hacktivism :]
> Yeah, I know the difference between the two. The main point was that I
> used a creative way to get my message across, without restricting the
> speech of either group. I think that's what the best of Hacktivism could be.
> Pan

fleshspace fails to map nicely onto cyberspace because of the paradigm shift.
that's why we (EDT) couldn't use picket signs along with our ecd actions.  an
alternative solution is clearly needed, but imho, the benefits of the FloodNet
style protest method far out weigh that limitation.  Pan, what can you suggest
as creative way to get the msg out to ppl who are not part of the ecd action,
w/o hacking the target site?  i couldn't think of a legal solution, but
hopefully it's just a matter of time before some creative code finds its way
into zones of invention.

carmin

--
                   Feel without touching