Re: Ehippies new DoS tools and information

From "Alvaro [iso-8859-1] Muñoz-Aycuens Mtnz." <alvarom@altavista.net>
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2000 01:22:12 +0100

[: hacktivism :]

Hi to all

Bronc Buster wrote:

> [: hacktivism :]
>
> Hacktivism should not boil down to DoS attcks and script kiddie antics, it
> should be about making changes and informing people.

Sure, I always thought that this is the point about hacktivism, use the
Internet/Tech Revolution to archive that.

> Right now a team I am on is working closely with human rights groups and
> hacker groups on a set of hacktivism applications to be released this
> summer at DefCon. It will show that Hacktivism is a real way to use the
> net for to blend activism and technology in a posive way, while helping
> people at the same time.

Sounds good, can we check anything about that.

> Hacktivism shold be about positive actions and bringing issues to light,
> not about punishing people or companies over views you may not agree with.

Is about not helping to spread disinformation, there is a name for the
ppl
that like to keep that behavior of DoS and defacing, is just
cracktivism.
And not what we are trying to deploy here.

> regards,
>    Bronc Buster
> bronc@attrition.org

Just my thoughts, regards
--
Alvaro Muñoz-Aycuens Martinez
El Argonauta Virtual

"Hacking is not about answers. Hacking is about the path you take
to find the answers." --ReDragon

KeyID 2048/0xA1378C19
Fingerprint BB E8 6D 56 83 4A 3A 9E D2 12 2F AA AB 9F 76 72
PGP Key Available at http:\\alvarom.freeshell.org/pgp.html