Re: www.elitecalendar.com hacked!

From H D Moore <hdm@secureaustin.com>
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2000 01:13:14 -0600

[: hacktivism :]

Lizzi wrote:

> [: hacktivism :]
>
> since most of you claim you know what your
> doing-3 questions...

1. what's the best langage to use for hacking (non-script kiddie)?

A combination of powerful network utilities and any scripting
language...

2. how do you avoid being traced?

Two methods:  proxying and decoying.

	proxying includes relaying your attacks through an innocent third
parties machine/service, like abusing SOCKS proxies and boucing through
already compromised machines.  decoying involves sending multitudes of
requests from various sources along with your own, to make disguishing
the real source impossible/difficult.

3. and how do you trace others?

Public information gathering/search utilities.  There have been a few
cases where a client of mine was attacked and just by searching for the
source address on the web, we found a recent post by the same
attacker/address with a real name attached (mailing list archives/etc).

-HD

PS.  All of the penetration/hacking I do is fully sanctioned by the
target (read: legal), as I work for a security firm...