Re: (Fwd) ECHELON spamming is harmful

From "Me Uh, K." <pram512@yahoo.com>
Date Sat, 27 Nov 1999 08:56:40 -0800 (PST)

[: hacktivism :]

The entire point of events like JED has always been
memeatic(sp?), to reaise public awareness, and was
never actually intended to actually STOP the damn
thing.  (hell, that'd be illeagle)

So far as I understand it, we were always interested
in promoting mass-encryption of personal mail, and
perhaps raising enough awareness in the middle classes
to put political pressure on the NSA.  (and I'm not
holding my breath there, either)

Continuing to send JED emails is basically a waste of
time and resources.  The media event has come and
gone, some good press was won, and now it's over.  You
want to actually contribute to making some kind of
difference, send people an essay, or steal some text
from xechelon.com, and spam people with that.  Long
lists of 'keywords' isn't going to do anything but get
your account killed for spamming.

--- MR JAVIER  BERNAL <988005350@98.lincoln.ac.uk>