Re: Did the Echelon Intercept Filters choke on all those key word s?

From "Me Uh, K." <pram512@yahoo.com>
Date Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:59:15 -0800 (PST)

[: hacktivism :]

--- Replicant <replicant_x@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Would it not be possible for someone to write a
> piece of listserv/majordomo-type software utilising PGP?

While possible, it seems like a waste of resources.
After all, it takes me a fair amount of time to
encrypt my messages, and I'm never sending them to
more than 1 key at a time.  If my computer had to send
out a few thousand at once, it would probably
spontanteously combust.

And it still doesn't solve anything - there's no
privacy provided, save in-transit.  If you're trying
to hide your email from 'them' by encrypting it,
there's no reason that they cannot join the list, and
get a copy of your public key, if they're determined
enough.

So, basically, it's just a more complicated version of
the list as it stands, without adding any real
privacy, and burns the resources of the beloved people
at tao.

(I'm assuming, of course, that we're talking about
encryption to protect us from specific eavesdroppers,
not just people who happen to be on the route
somewhere, and decide to listen in)

-mia k.