Re: Did the Echelon Intercept Filters choke on all those key word s?

From Filip Zalewski <fzal@bakerstreettech.com>
Date Mon, 22 Nov 1999 10:51:15 -0500

[: hacktivism :]

Replicant wrote:

> [: hacktivism :]

> Bryce Lynch <drwho@telerama.lm.com> wrote:
> > > How many of you on this list use Encryption?  I notice that by the
> > > postings there does not seem to be much.  Just curious, why doesn't
> > > everyone post their messages in PGP?

A few points,

	Why bother encrypting an *OPEN* mailing list?
	Last I heard this list had several hundred people. I would love to see
the box that runs this mail server try to decrypt and recrypt lets say
an average of 20 messages a day to 300 people. Thats 6000
decrypts/encrypts a day. Unnecessary load? I'd say so.

Regards,

Fz

PGP Fingerprint 24CD 9E97 DE68 1E89 B85B  4EF7 0F13 B7B2 0A85 0CFD