Re: Australia Admits to Echelon

From Tom <trgarner@yta.attmil.ne.jp>
Date Tue, 09 Nov 1999 19:22:24 +0900
In-reply-to <199911090453.XAA13101@lists.tao.ca>
References <199911090453.XAA13101@lists.tao.ca>

[: hacktivism :]

I think one reason is the possible ramifications of finding that it IS
here and WHERE it is located.

Think like this, your a high ranking member in Congress, a Republican or
Democrat, pick your poison, you allow this project to be built, it comes
to light that Senator Such/Such allowed this technology to be used in
XYZ city.

THINK about his position and what would happen if the average citizen
where to find this "building" or whatever, of course I'm assuming that
the average citizen still cares about Government.

SO WHAT NOW?

> if you're going to go to all the trouble of
> circumventing the law, wouldn't it just be easier to
> outright break it, and not get caught?
>
> I mean, c'mon, we ARE talking about the Federal
> Government here, who've never been famous for being
> law-abiding, and who've REALLY never been famous for
> doing unnessecary work.
>
> -mia k. (dis-information is a way of life)

----
Tom Garner
email:  trgarner@yta.attmil.ne.jp, tom.garner@yokota.af.mil, trgarner@hotmail.com
ICQ:  4580576