Re: the cybersquatting bill (was: Don't Split the List etc.)

From Tom <trgarner@yta.attmil.ne.jp>
Date Sun, 31 Oct 1999 20:48:05 +0900
In-reply-to <XFMail.991029131652.markjr@privateworld.com>
References <19991029164148.23563.qmail@hotmail.com> <XFMail.991029131652.markjr@privateworld.com>

[: hacktivism :]

What happens if you where to register outside the United States?
www.gwbush.jp

Would that still fall under the Cybersquatting bill?  I haven't read
through it yet, so I'm not sure what the whole ramification is.

I know that Amazon.com is seuing someone in another country for that
abuse (a bookstore owner and using same "advertising" clicks that Amazon
uses)..

So, I guess my question would be, does this bill intrude in the use
WORLD-WIDE or is it just a US thing (again...)

> I would be somewhat aghast if somebody regged markjeftovic.com in
> bad faith and I would feel there should be some recourse available
> to me if it happened, regardless of whether or not I'm a Big Corporation.
> (It's not like I can go out and register my own name in all 255 TLD's)

----
Tom Garner
email:  trgarner@yta.attmil.ne.jp, tom.garner@yokota.af.mil, trgarner@hotmail.com
ICQ:  4580576