Re: MASSIVE DISINFO CAMPAIGN UNDERWAY RE: JAM ECHELON DAY

From noreastah <noreastah@acadia.net>
Date Thu, 07 Oct 1999 18:14:42 -0400
In-reply-to <19991007173806.53401.qmail@hotmail.com>

[: hacktivism :]

Before people go jumping to conclusions, take a moment to think about this.
Is there really a "MASSIVE DISINFO CAMPAIGN UNDERWAY"? Perhaps. But
couldn't it have also been just a stupid mistake? Who really knows. Let's
just make sure people as many people as possible know about the correct
date for this effort.

More comments below

At 01:38 PM 10/7/99 EDT, Robert Kemp wrote:

[snip]

I am wondering who came up with the list of terms listed below? What do
they suggest to you?

>Specifically, they suggest the following keywords:
>
>FBI CIA NSA IRS ATF BATF DOD WACO RUBY RIDGE OKC OKLAHOMA CITY MILITIA GUN
>HANDGUN MILGOV ASSAULT RIFLE TERRORISM BOMB DRUG HORIUCHI KORESH DAVIDIAN
>KAHL POSSE COMITATUS RANDY WEAVER VICKIE WEAVER SPECIAL FORCES LINDA
>THOMPSON SPECIAL OPERATIONS GROUP SOG SOF DELTA FORCE CONSTITUTION BILL OF
>RIGHTS WHITEWATER POM PARK ON METER ARKANSIDE IRAN CONTRAS OLIVER NORTH
>VINCE FOSTER PROMIS MOSSAD NASA MI5 ONI CID AK47 M16 C4 MALCOLM X REVOLUTION
>CHEROKEE HILLARY BILL CLINTON GORE GEORGE BUSH WACKENHUT TERRORIST TASK
>FORCE 160 SPECIAL OPS 12TH GROUP 5TH GROUP SF

[snip]

>AJF, Linda Thompson this is for you:
>
>BACK OFF!
>

>from
>WE THE MONITORED.

Before making statements like the one above I would verify your assumptions.

[snip]

>ITEM 4
>-------
>

>From: Linda Thompson <bama@latrading.net>
>To: lindat@latrading.net
>Subject: Unreal
>Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 22:06:56 -0500
>

>Wow.  I just got an email from a guy (using a hotmail account with the
>name "Robert Kemp") claiming to have originated the date of the Echelon day
>and claiming not to know how to get ahold of me (BUT HE SENT ME AN EMAIL).
>
>Also, the article on Wired has *moved* (it isn't the lead story now)
>*AND* it says the "jam echelon date" is *21* October instead of October 18.
>
>There is also now a *correction* stating that the "jam echelon day" was
>started by the Activism List and that AJF didn't set the "jam echelon date"
>and that "Wired regrets the error," however, I *repeatedly,* and in writing
>had told the writer, James Glave, that I had never heard of a "jam echelon
>day" and we had *nothing* to do with setting "Oct. 18" (or any other date).
>I have all those emails.

I'd love to see them posted to the hacktivism list (among other places)
complete with full headers.

[snip]

>Some say Echelon is not real.  Then why the massive disinformation campaign
>launched against this day of action?  Consider Wired News complicit.

Once again, let's verify our assumptions before making statements like
"consider Wired News complicit". I'm not letting Wired off the hook, i'd
just like to see what James Glave of Wired would have to say about this.