Re: MASSIVE DISINFO CAMPAIGN UNDERWAY RE: JAM ECHELON DAY

From Maurice Wessling <maurice@xs4all.nl>
Date Thu, 7 Oct 1999 21:10:50 +0200 (CEST)
In-reply-to <Version.32.19991007105447.00ff8840@pophost.wired.com>

[: hacktivism :]

On Thu, 7 Oct 1999, James Glave wrote:

> http://www.wired.com/news/news/politics/story/22102.html
>
> There is no black helicopter parked on the roof at Wired News. I hope this
> is puts the matter to rest, and wish everyone a happy Jam Echelon Day.

I must agree. Lets not mix up things and stick to the facts:

- Echelon is real
- The Wired article had some sloppy research but was corrected upon notice
- The American Justice Federation tried to use the protest day for its own
agenda but failed.

By expanding any conspiracy theory to Wired News you will only show how
vulnerable you are to disinformation. Try to focus on your protest day and
don't let these glitches divert your attention to secondary issues.

maurice wessling
xs4all