(en) ZAPATISTA comes to Boston

From "Robert Kemp" <sensuant@hotmail.com>
Date Sat, 25 Sep 1999 12:04:45 EDT

[: hacktivism :]

----Original Message Follows----
From: Rick Rowley <rowley@fas.harvard.edu>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: (en) ZAPATISTA comes to Boston
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 22:51:12 -0500 (CDT)

       A - I N F O S  N E W S  S E R V I C E
             http://www.ainfos.ca/

Zapatista is beginning a nationwide tour with a screening here in Boston.

Thursday, September 30 at 7:00 and 9:00
at the Harvard Film Archive - Carpenter Center (24 Quincy Street,
Cambridge)

Tickets are 7$/5$ for students and can be purchased at the
door or in advance by calling 617.496.2222.

All profits from the film return to the indigenous communities in which it
was filmed.

BIG NOISE FILMS AND THE MEDIA BOUTIQUE PROUDLY ANNOUNCE
          A NATIONWIDE TOUR OF ZAPATISTA!

*EDWARD JAMES OLMOS    DARRYL HANNAH    MUMIA ABU-JAMAL *
*GERONIMO PRATT    NOAM CHOMSKY    SUBCOMANDANTE MARCOS *
*RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE       NEIL YOUNG & CRAZY HORSE*
*OZOMATLI      PEANUT BUTTER WOLF       SILVIO RODRIGUEZ*
________________
"A provocative, hip, graphic expose of an inspiring human struggle"
- Andrew Davis, director of The Fugitive.

"A fresh and intelligent look a the Zapatista uprising. . . .in a mix of
colors, rock, and contemporary history Big Noise and the Media Boutique
transport us to the state of Chiapas."
- Javier Elorriaga, Cooridinacion Nacional del FZLN.

"The Reality seen through this camera is more real."
-Subcomandante Marcos

"This is what documentary film will look like five years from now."
-Rita Meno, director VISTAS Film Festival

ZAPATISTA! is the definitive look at the uprising in Chiapas, Mexico. It
is the story of how a few thousand Mayan peasants have held the entire
Mexican army at bay for five years, and of how they have transformed the
political culture of Mexico and the world forever.

     Filmed behind the lines of battle, it is the account of a guerrilla
struggle unlike any other. With narration by Darryl Hannah, Edward James
Olmos, Mumia Abu-Jamal and Geronimo Pratt, interviews with
Subcomandante Marcos, Noam Chomsky as well as rank and file Zapatistas and
American activists, music from Rage Against the Machine and Neil Young &
Crazy Horse, and an agile, multilayered editing style, ZAPATISTA translates
this ancient story of resistance into the language of popular culture.

___________
All profits from ZAPATISTA will return to the people of Chiapas in the
form of humanitarian aid.

			********
		The A-Infos News Service
			********
		COMMANDS: lists@tao.ca
		REPLIES: a-infos-d@lists.tao.ca
		HELP: a-infos-org@lists.tao.ca
		WWW: http://www.ainfos.ca/
		INFO: http://www.ainfos.ca/org

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this
material is distributed without charge or profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this type
of information for non-profit research and educational
purposes only.

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/smilinks/thirdeye.html