RE: WildWeb article (21/9/99)

From "Grugnog" <grugnog@tao.ca>
Date Thu, 23 Sep 1999 21:33:48 +0100
Importance Normal
In-reply-to <37EA840C.521A8164@tao.ca>

[: hacktivism :]

Erm, the article didn't say anything about EDT...
Incidentally you might not have realised that EDT had (IIRC) some funding
from RTmark, so you are making a bit of a contradiction if you say you
prefer RTmark projects to EDT (an RTmark project) :p

That aside, I agree about the RTmark work, although I find their
non-hacktivist work (e.g. Barbie L.F.) much more inspirational than most of
their most recent net based actions (setting up fake websites dissing
polititians). IMO they have missed the point, something like that only works
as a media 'stunt' - the problem is that it has been done before and it just
isn't original enough to capture the imagination of the front line net press
(e.g. wired) and spread from there.

- Grug