RE: <nettime> East Timor (several messages, with email addrs, phone/fax etc)

From "Troy, Kirk" <kirk.troy@corp.rmi.net>
Date Wed, 8 Sep 1999 07:41:19 -0600

[: hacktivism :]

Well being one of those Americans and one of those ex-military (8 1/2 yrs
Air Force), I've got to say: Damn right we're "Kosovo'd out".  Since you are
from Australia you really wouldn't understand just how spread out our
military is.  We still provide the backbone that keeps Saddam in check and
we now have forces in Kosovo and Italy.  Right now the American public would
not understand us getting into yet another fight and stretching our home
forces to a thin line.  Do you people expect us to pick up the tab everytime
something bad happens in this world?  We're doing our part as the world
police force, its time for some of these other countries to pick up the
slack.

Even though my wife is Indonesian, we applaud what the Australians are
doing.

Kirk Troy
Junior Administrator
RMI.Net

If I ever do become an evil overlord I
will hire a talented fashion designer to
create original uniforms for my Legions
of Terror, as opposed to some cheap
knock-offs that make them look like
Nazi stormtroopers, Roman footsoldiers,
or savage Mongol hordes.  All were
eventually defeated and I want my troops
to have a more positive mind-set.