Getting out of the webspace business

From Mark Jeftovic <markjr@privateworld.com>
Date Tue, 07 Sep 1999 00:03:15 -0700
In-reply-to <37D48B56.7EFC7BD6@tao.ca>
References <Pine.PCW.3.91.990906172749.16782A-100000@vanwagea><3.0.6.32.19990906230820.008abb30@mail.privateworld.com>

[: hacktivism :]

At 11:49 PM 9/6/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Somebody told me tonight that Erols is discontinuing personal websites.
>I suspect that this will become a trend, as ISPs decide that providing
>megs of web space are not worth the legal liabilities.

Erols, IIRC is an access provider/ISP aren't they? Since web space isn't
their core business I could see that, I guess, depending on their reasons.
You would think they'll lose a lot of customers out of the deal.

I can't picture places like Tripod/Geocities et al following suit tho, since
that's pretty well the basis of their existance.

Don't see what the fuss is about insofar as legal concerns. It's not like
they're in Australia or anything...

-mark

----
Mark Jeftovic, <markjr@easydns.com>