<ignore> RE: hacktivism.tao.ca and list archive working

From "Grugnog" <grugnog@tao.ca>
Date Tue, 31 Aug 1999 16:16:03 +0100
Importance Normal
In-reply-to <NDBBLPDFPKFPFNKKFEIHAEPACAAA.grugnog@tao.ca>

[: hacktivism :]

Sorry - ignore that last message please. I sent it on Friday, but it must
have got delayed on a server somewhere on the way to the list. Anyway, it
only arrived just now, but is now out of date (and won't work).
The latest information re. web site is that below :)
- Grug

The list website <http://hacktivism.tao.ca/> has been updated, and
redesigned. The list archives are also now part of the main site. <a
href="grugnog@tao.ca">Feedback</a> is appreciated please :)

I am currently making a list of links for the site link page, so if you have
found any interesting hacktivism pages e-mail me the URLs and I will add
them to the list.

One you might like to take a look at (for historical reference at least) is
at
http://www.tao.ca/fire/nettime/old/6/0138.html
This is an archive of a part of the debate which prompted me to start this
list. The last post in the archive is one by me, which is quite big, so I
won't repost it on here. My views have changed a bit since I wrote it, but
most of it still stands. Feel free to copy and paste bits onto the list with
your response :)

We also now have around 200 subscribers, so please bear that in mind - what
you send goes out to a lot of people :) If the number of people
participating in a single topic drops low then you might consider taking it
off list, so you can debate more freely and there is a reasonable list
volume for people with less time on their hands <grin>. If anyone wants to
unsubscribe, checkout the list FAQ http://hacktivism.tao.ca/list-faq.txt
which has detailed instructions.

Also, at some point it would be good if someone could re-read the
hacktivism@tao.ca posts and compile a list of memes and questions - this
would help keep the debate together a bit, and might be a good starting
point for a hacktivism FAQ.

LPH@
- Grug

<snip>