alternatives to the NWO

From eric steenz <estiens@macalester.edu>
Date Fri, 27 Aug 1999 10:09:15 -0500 (CDT)
In-reply-to <37C69FB1.A0C96447@tao.ca>

[: hacktivism :]

> I'm pretty cynical about CD actions like FloodNet. How many of you have
> read Churchill's "Pacifism as Pathology"? I say, if you are going to
> take actions against the state, hit them where it hurts. It's pretty
> obvious when one reads the boss press which actions they worry about.
> These are the actions that get their attention. This doesn't mean, of
> course, that we should engage in those actions on a regular basis, since
> they will mean jail time if people get caught. But we should put that on
> the table.

we should not fear, nor be proud of, jail time.

> What would I rather see "hactivists" do? Spend more of our efforts and
> talents developing alternatives to the New World Order. That means
> getting more activist online and helping more poor people get online.
> This also means developing our own free software and OSs and building
> netoworks that are impervious to ruling class disruption.
>
> --
> Chuck0

on this note...something I've been mulling over for a lil' while (that I
have absolutely no idea how it would work out or could be worked, but
throw it out for people to chew on)...An effective way to become more
community based is that of a local based currency, which a few small towns
in the US have put into use. Obviously a local currency is extremely
useful in setting up alternatives to the NWO....what about a local
e-currency? The extreme diversity of talents and resources of a global
population all wanting to get out of the State's coffers? The
possibilities are fucking incredible.....now, how do we do it?

Peace Love Power Magick (R)evolution
Eric

-Eric Stiens-	   (estiens@macalester.edu)

"To be governed is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed,
law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at,
controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures
that have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so"
                    		 -Pierre-Joseph Proudhon-

"Music is sort of the last pure thing on earth."

[: http://www.tao.ca/~grugnog/hacktivism/ :]