Re: Call For a United Revolutionary Bloc at the Presidential Inauguration

From Kaiser Navacovich <ex_local_expatriate@hotmail.com>
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2000 23:29:26 -0000

[: hacktivism :]

>From: The Void <wolf_london@altavista.com>
>To: hacktivism@tao.ca
>Subject: Re: Call For a United Revolutionary Bloc at the Presidential
>Inauguration
>Date: 27 Dec 2000 06:06:52 -0800
>
>Your futile efforts will only fuel the ruling class' justification to
>extend Surveillance in all aspects of society.  To protest is a waste of
>time.  You must destroy that which is detrimental to your survival.  If you
>really want to make a difference you must tear down the infrastructure of
>the enemy whether that be communication, brick and morter, or people them
>selves.
>
>On Wed, 20 December 2000, Agent Smiley wrote:
>
> > Subject: Call For a United Revolutionary Bloc at the Presidential
> > A Call For a United Revolutionary Presence at the Presidential
> > Inauguration...
> > WE ALREADY KNOW WHO WON… CAPITALISM AND THE RULING CLASS

     I would be inclined to agree with you, but first you must look at the
numbers.
     I find that the hactivistic ethic is generally a little more rational
than the average radicalist one, in that we understand science. In
revolutionary, political, or even moral terms, you are right. But the
problem is that the numbers necessary for an utter destruction of
capatalistic society simply do not exist. We can all do our part, but there
is only so much that a small percentage of the ununified left can do. The
idea of an allied bloc is most likely far in the future as well. What is
more important than knee jerk anti- political reactionism such as you
espoused in your letter, is diligent work toward a usable force.
     The surveilance is already getting worse. And that is happening through
Congress, through POLITICAL means. The truth is, the only way this will ever
work is to work both fronts, political and radical, as a unified revolution
of both ends of the revolutionary spectrum. And I am not one to bash another
whose intentions are good, as yours certainly are. But if you think that a
protest, which the powers that be are already expecting, is going to cause
the surveilance system to get worse, than what do you expect active physical
and/or virtual destruction to do? I'm not saying not to do it. But never
discount any form of protest as useless or counterproductive. The only way
this can be counterproductive is if we are factionalized, as we were in
Seattle. That gave the media a target. That made us easy to hit. Unification
is the first step to liberation. Personally, I would suggest we all unite
under the Skull and Crossbones. The destruction of their society will not be
happily received from any front, and if we want it to happen, we better get
used to the surveilance, the possibility of arrest, yada yada yada. Build
the numbers. And get used to being an outlaw, because that's what you are
becoming. And sometimes outlaws have to hide.
Local Expatriate