Re:Privacy vs. Paranoia

From Agent Smiley <skywalker@disinfo.net>
Date 29 Aug 2000 22:31:27 -0000

[: hacktivism :]

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 10:52:30 MDT Tom Anderson <slideglide@hotmail.com> wrote:
>& then I receive a posting from a concerned hacktivist who advises me to
>create an e-mail account with a flase identity to throw them off the scent
>which to me seems absurd because if these guys in Eschelon are that good
>then they're gonna be several steps ahead of me and if they're not that good
>then what's all of the hoopla about.

they are not watching each of us individually - that is beyond the power of the big snoop in the sky...if, however, you should engage in some online behavior that alerts an intelligence body to you as some sort of a potential threat then you will want defenses ready...things to slow them down and buy time...the more time you have bought with decoy tactics the more chance you have of smelling them as they get caught up in your web...hence, the more of a chance you have to drop out of the center of your web before the brick comes shashing down on you...

>I guess the question is merely does worrying about this Eschelon promote
>anything except fear and self-repression??

different people are going to react differently to this idea...if you do not wish to be snooped on then you need to tail the snoops...somehow...

i think one of the whole ideas for JED II is that emphasis is put on maintaining privacy vs. hiding from the techno-vultures from Xaltar...follow me?

incidentally, has anyone else come up with any new ideas re: JED II strategies?

mr. bayley, you still tuned in?