Re: ~e; Electromagnetic News & Views #28

From mbiederman@att.net
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 19:54:49 +0000

here's a little info on some radio-sound art performances that have been
happening...allot of the info is in Slovene, but there are picture and a page
worth of english.  I had the opportunity to be involved last year, and it was a
real treat.

http://www.rx-tx.org/signal.html

Another project that i was involved with last year was, the Makrolab - to
explain this is more time that I have to type right now, but have a look at the
website - all the info and more is there.  It is organized by Marko Peljhan,
one of the people involved in Signal Server!.

http://makrolab.ljudmila.org/

It will be a part of the Venice Biennial, where many of the folks who were
involved in the past will be there at various times during the show + many new
people doing this sort of research. There will also be abook launched durning
Venice...you should be able to contact The Arts Catalyst in london for info on
aquiring it.

I'll be presenting another new radio based installation utilizing peoples
location in space to define tuning a set of custom built radios...This will be
in Lima Peru - i'll send along documentation when its installed...

keep up the good work with the info/news

best
matthew