Fast Boat to China

From Andrew Ross <andrew.ross@nyu.edu>
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:25:54 -0500

Anyone who might be interested in translating my forthcoming book (for a
fee), please let me know. It's based on a year of field work with
skilled Chinese employees in foreign-invested companies in Yangtze Delta
cities. Pantheon is the U.S. publisher. A Shanghai publisher is
interested in the Chinese edition but I'd like to work with a translator
over here.

FAST BOAT TO CHINA
Corporate Flight and the Consequences of Free Trade
Lessons from Shanghai

For those in NYC area who want to come to book launch, here are details:

April 10th  6:00 pm to 8:30 pm

6:30 to 7:00 pm: Discussion of the book with

Doug Guthrie, Harry Harootunian, Jack Tchen,Xudong Zhang and Angela Zito

41 East 11th Street, 7th Floor  (just off University Place)

RSVP: Katie Freeman, 212-572-2685 kfreeman@randomhouse.com

Andrew Ross
Professor of American Studies
Director, Metropolitan Studies Program
Department of Social and Cultural Analysis
New York University
41 East 11th Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10003
212-998-8538