Re: rural reconstruction

From Brian Turner <myrd62@yahoo.com>
Date Mon, 9 Jan 2006 07:13:59 -0800 (PST)
Domainkey-signature a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=aPJ+We1Iy/ZmQhvUv7LTeLe0769yR3OzVx/kwd0gr9pNsJS4WeBkGCF+FIc5PNzYu3xudb4oPWnOZ15GaKB+NpUXdvUPu6nntv0plsXzE0J7i3tQbztAloiX1D+eomipkG6VQwKYWtliuGaJvKa0pv+BId1tiJEjCMmCPqKY/0U= ;
In-reply-to <BAY109-F14C0B1CD179631514B3B31A9220@phx.gbl>

Lanyan Chen is an author who writes about women's
co-ops in contemporary China, and in one article
(below) compares it to the Gung Ho movement as
described by Helen Foster Snow, Rewi Alley, et al.

Lanyan Chen (1999) "Expanding women's co-operatives in
China through institutional linkages" Development and
Change. Vol 1 No. 4, pp. 715-738.

The link http://www.csws.org/devcteng.html contains a
reference to another article by her.

--------

Regarding the point about the communes being a
monumental experiment in rural reconstruction, I
wholly agree, however, certain periods more than
others.  Whenever the production teams or possibly
brigades had elected leadership, and were given
relative autonomy and rural markets were given some
breathing room, they took on characteristics that
cooperatives and collectives might learn from.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com