"To Be Attacked By The Enemy Is A Good Thing"

From Rwchina@aol.com
Date Sun, 6 Nov 2005 09:13:46 EST

Hi all,

I am attaching my initial response to the Chang and Halliday book.  For those of you who read an earlier draft, I have made considerable revisions and additions in this one  taking into account your comments, further reviews that have come out, and a first quick look at the book itself, which is finally out in the United States.  I hope that you will look at this version too, and give me any further feedback that you have, and of course I welcome comments from those who are seeing it for the first time as well.

Feel free to circulate this to others.  However, since it is still something of a work in progress, please contact me before doing any mass distribution and/or publication.

Because some correspondence to my email account seems to be blocked as spam, and since I am not sure who is on which listserves, I am sending this out to a couple of lists as well as a few individual accounts.  Please forgive any duplication--the piece is the same however you receive it.  I would appreciate it if those of you who know me personally would let me know if you receive this, and through which address(es), so that I can start to figure out what is still getting out and/or in through this account.

Thanks,

Bob