Re: CFP: "Is a History of the Cultural Revolution Possible?"

From "Matt Hale" <husunzi@hotmail.com>
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 05:09:12 +0000
In-reply-to <001a01c5be2a$646a0220$6402a8c0@ucw53upg2zazxt>

Don't put me on the spot, Yiching! -- I've only read a few articles. Alex
and Dan V. both seem more familiar with Badiou's work. In any case, if
anyone else on this list is interested, we've set up a Yahoo Group for
discussing the CR in conjunction with this workshop (and possibly some of
the other CR events rumored to take place next year):

and a reading list on the Seattle CSG blog, with relevant material by Badiou
and others (please leave a comment with suggestions for other good material
if you know any):

http://www.chinastudygroup.org/project//92/

Also, sort of related to this: Jung Chang & Jon Halliday will be visiting UW
in November, and I'd like to be prepared to ask some informed questions and
possibly make some alternative literature available at their talk. Does
anyone on this list know of any good critical reviews of their book?

Thanks,

Matt

*****
Matthew Allen Hale
Anthropology Department
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195
*****
"I have never let my schooling stand in the way of my education"
(Mark Twain)