Pun Ngai on NPR

From Saul Thomas <stthomas@uchicago.edu>
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2004 21:11:20 -0500

Forwarded from husunzi@u.washington.edu

--------------------------

I just learned that Pun Ngai, anthropologist and founder of the Chinese
Working Women Network (nvgong guanhuai), was interviewed on NPR back in
September. You can listen to the interview here:

http://www.theconnection.org/shows/2004/09/20040908_a_main.asp

Pun Ngai *may* be presenting a paper on corporate "codes of conduct" at the
an upcoming anthropology conference (due to a labor struggle in SF, the
time & place of the conference is under debate). Contact me if you want to
see the paper, which theorizes the codes as a new form of capitalist
governmentality; it will also be published in an upcoming China Journal.
Her first English book, _Made in China: Subject, Power, & Resistance of
Women Workers in a Global Workplace_, will be published by Duke in January.

Best,

Matt