Re: query re: Duke conference

From "Daniel F. Vukovich" <dfvukov@ucsc.edu>
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 12:28:14 -0700
In-reply-to <41659C57.3050407@chinastudygroup.org>
References <E1CFd5E-0003zG-Bq@aaryn.lunarpages.com><41659C57.3050407@chinastudygroup.org>

Hi all,

In a word, it was fabulous.  Kudos and thanks to my co-organizers Yan
Hairong, and Ralph Litzinger and Leo Ching who did a great job organizing
things at Duke and furthering discussions.  I'll try and shake some time
free, just need to get back on track here, and post something on it. But
hope others will beat me to it.   It was great to see some friends and
comrades from this list, and to meet many new people from the US and Asia,
including some inspiring and brilliant intellectuals and activists, like
Muto Ichiyo (Japan), Han  Yuhai, Cho Hee--Yeon (South Korea), Utsa Patnaik
(India) among others.  Really a unique opportunity.  I'm still digesting it
all, but learned so much.

Let me also say it'd be great to have more such events/workshops, even if
at a smaller scale, with folks on this list.   And to kick up some more
discussions here, virtually.

The papers from the workshop are on the Duke APSI website:
http://www.duke.edu/apsi/events/conferences.html

best regards to all,
Dan

At 12:43 PM 10/7/2004, Jonathan Lassen wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Is anyone who went to the recent conference "The Question of 'Asia' in the
>New Global Order" willing to post a bit here? I'm personally very
>interested in how it went, and think others may be too.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jonathan

Daniel F. Vukovich
Visiting Humanities Scholar