Re: Help destroy eToys.com!

From Bronc Buster <bronc@2600.com>
Date Mon, 13 Dec 1999 02:00:43 -0500 (EST)
Cc etoyfund@rtmark.com, spacerog@l0pht.com

[: hacktivism :]

Now this is TOTALY MORONIC.

Help destroy eToys.com? Hello? The topic alone should give you a bad
feeling. This is not what Hacktivism is about, or activism, or hacking for
that matter.

There is a big diffrence in attempting to bring a wrong into the spot
light by causing attention, and attempting to take the law into your own
hands. What they are calling for is just wrong.

This group, by attempting to quote some 10 year old script kiddie, and
calling him a hacker in order to cause people with some sort of skills to
fight for them, have shown themselves to be nothing more then another
group of kiddies attempting to call up a "hacker war" and bring attention
upon themselves. This really angers me!

I find it hard to even comment on anything in this because it is so
immature and unintelligent. Come on people, what are we coming to? Last I
saw we still had a legal system in this country, and even if it fails,
that dosen't give us the right to destroy anything. Thats like saying the
riots after the first Rodney King trial were justified.

I'd tell these people to get a clue and find a better, positive, and more
constructive way to bring their plight to the people. And lastly, don't
try and quote a "hacker" or anything like this, for most of the times it
backfires and brings down the heat upon them.

Grow up...this kind of crap went out with the 4th grade...

regards,
   Bronc Buster
  bronc@2600.com