Re: The WTO "forum"

From ZoeScanner <zoescanner@yahoo.com>
Date Fri, 3 Dec 1999 18:02:48 -0800 (PST)

[: hacktivism :]

Thank you. I have been "preaching" about this
'action' for 10 yrs now. Usually to deaf ears as
I had no substantial proof and virtually no other
voices chiming in proclaiming the same
message.This type of WTO (or any other)
censorship action is what must be called to the
attention of 'John & Jane Doe,Mainstream,USA' as
they are the majority AND the factor holding us
back with their snoozing mindless apathy. These
citizens are blissfully unaware of almost all of
this,and prefer to stay that way.Cozy in their
comfy overstuffed chairs watching the latest
(usually braindead) sitcoms,etc. While neither
fabulously rich nor dirt poor,these citizens can
afford to choose not to "think about it" as most
of their lifestyles revolve around the products
produced by the WTO companies and like orgs,Add
to that many of these citizens work for them in
one way or another. Livelyhood and paychecks tend
to override reasone.The protests about WTO is not
going well with them mainly for these reasones.
It is not 'comfortable to think about it.' that
is what I have been hearing for weeks,nay,months.
What the Majority citizens need right now is to
have this kind of input Blaring everywhere
possible,preferably in open public forums and
websites..as posting this in printed material is
becoming hard to do in many areas and is easily
tossed into the can,so to speak...I am currently
embroiled at this moment (dratted ISP is STILL
having problems..one step forward,two steps
back,ARG!) in resurecting my old sites and
filling them with these messages,and more
editorials,news clippings,pix,sound &
links,etc.,in hopes they will be entertaingly
(SP?) educational. Along with subtle warnings to
JQ Public that their warm & fuzzy worlds are not
gonna last much longer and their chance to save
em is evaporating fast.
I am a researcher and have found plenty of data
to confirm this 'opinion'. Posts like this one
here 'second' my 'opinions',....a necessary evil
in this Misinformation age of illusion
again,thank you.
peace
ZoeScanner.