RE: Moscow Fax intercept procedure, Neuroscience Marketing Schemers

From Nomad Media Lab <eric@nomadlab.com>
Date Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:16:41 -0500 (EST)
In-reply-to <199911151805.NAA16600@lists.tao.ca>

[: hacktivism :]

You are correct on all points, except one. It is indeed possible for a
cookie to be read by a server/domain that did not write it (yes, I have
even coded such beasts for a client once, so that people could register
on one site for access to another. the first site wrote the cookie that
determined the level of access to the second domain).
 This is why both netscape and microsoft include an option in the
applications preferences to only allow the domain that wrote the cookie
read it.