Re: chuckO - what's a girl to do?

From "Me Uh, K." <pram512@yahoo.com>
Date Sun, 31 Oct 1999 16:10:11 -0800 (PST)
Cc kashanigirl@hotmail.com

[: hacktivism :]

--- maggie knowles <maggie@vgn.com> wrote:
> [: hacktivism :]
>
> how can she hack her way out of this and get her
> info out to the student
> body?

I'd reccomend calling in the big guns of the ACLU, and
having them scream 1st Ammendmant on her behalf.  (so
far as I know, the ACLU has won every lawsuit they've
had with a school this year)

The problem is that the ACLU isn't really well known
for thier rapid response, and a lawsuit could well
drag out for years and years, and with her Nov. 30
deadline, I don't think that it's all that plausable.

I say take it to straight media.  Seattle's a faily
liberal town, really well centered in the
activist-left.  Letters to the editors of the Seattle
Times (http://www.seattletimes.com ), The PI
(http://www.seattlepi.com ), Stranger
(http://thestranger.com ), Weekly
(http://www.seattleweekly.com ), ect.  Encourage
people to call her principal personally (or someone
higher up in the school district) and express their
outrage about this violation of her 1st ammendmant
rights.

I know I'd make that call.  And enough angry parents
will make anyone change their minds.

-mia k. (who believes in, and supports, a student's
right to speak more than any other right on Earth)