Re: Hacktivism List Proposal 2.0

From ZoeScanner <zoescanner@yahoo.com>
Date Sat, 30 Oct 1999 20:27:40 -0700 (PDT)

[: hacktivism :]

even though I am new to this list and realize my
opinions may not matter much....here it
is:...........I agree with this completely...I joined
for those same reasones....however..upon "meeting"
some rather interesting and fun:) people here,I
realize (now) that I did overstep the regs...for that
I do truly apologise..to any and all I may have
offended.call it overexuberence and unbrideled delight
in finding a collection of "kinderd spirits"
communicating in almost realtime. I did try (not hard
enough) to add info and news to the list from time to
time...like the long lists of links for the newbies to
get started with (and to help them decide if this was
what they really wanted to do)I did not see them come
back on the list...I had to send some thru OtLKxpre$$
as yahoo was working on and off at that time, and i
didnt think waiting till days had passed would be
contributing...didnt know how OtLKXP. effected the
postings then. I still would like to see more 'causes
and effects put on here,and may still have some things
of interest to add...(not so much joking and
conversation,I have learned & apologised for doing...I
just thought that was the way it was done.:( I will
post less as I now realize frequent posting will be
OT. and I wish to comform to your style.I would not
have joined if I didnt already like it the way it was!
NOTE: 2 more lists should be created someday for the
newbies seeking guidence and the gang that wants to
just discuss things.....I do not know for sure,perhaps
they already do exist...I could not get good
discriptions of the lists to tell clearly what most of
them were about...so....who knows? If they already
do...forget my last  few lines were ever here...
invisibly yours ;)
Peace
ZoeScanner

To: hacktivism@tao.ca
From: sam =-= <sam@media.com.au>
Subject: Re: Hacktivism List Proposal 2.0

[: hacktivism :]

This sounds very good to do ... I joined this list
because I thought it
might be a place from where projects and idea
collaborations could be
initiated from ... So, it's hoped that in its new
form, the hacktivism list
can provide this.

It would be great if more project-driven ideas can be
initiated (like JED)
- but then, a good strong critical anaylsis of its
true effectiveness can
also follow ... Rather than the 'how great am i' type
of postings ... So
the list can assist with fostering a truly mature and
effective hacktism
culture ...

Anyhow, that's it!

adios, Sam.