Re: Don't SPlit the List & Other Thoughts

From Chuck0 <chuck@tao.ca>
Date Thu, 28 Oct 1999 17:11:28 -0400
References <Pine.LNX.4.10.9910271044300.5408-100000@eris.io.com> <3.0.6.32.19991028170246.008bf620@post.acadia.net>

[: hacktivism :]

noreastah wrote:

> I still haven't quite figured out what the purpose of this list is though I
> have enjoyed a small percentage of the postings.
>
> I guess the point in my joining this list was to increase my technical
> knowledge so that I could use this against various powerful entities that I
> feel are have too much control over society (perhaps some sort of weird
> David vs. Goliath fantasy I have???). Probably I naive thought...
>
> How have people effectively used computers and the internet against
> exploitive corporations?
>
> I think http://www.ainfos.ca/ is a great thing. Yes it's just a news web
> site, but I would probably have no other way to knowing about some of the
> stories contained on it if it didn't exist.
>
> I think the EDT is a well intentioned but perhaps not very effecive method
> of protest. Don't get me wrong though - I'm glad some folks are trying new
> and creative ways to protest! Gawd knows we need that!
>
> I still very much like the idea(s) of http://www.rtmark.com
>
> I like the idea that of having a http://www.subvertise.org/ (still
> unfinished) web site that can be used to distribute radical graphics
> worldwide.
>
> I'm glad someone spoofed that asshole running for president in the USA
> George W Bush at http://www.gwbush.com/
>
> I'd don't think anyone is going to really learn much about hacking on this
> list (judging from what's been posted so far), so what practice projects
> can people suggest that haven't already been done???
>
> Also can we start to have people post things about issues NOT related to
> JED?! Every other gawd-dang message I get from this list seems to mention it.

The list won't be split. A proposal from the working moderation group
will be sent out tomorrow.

--
Chuck0

Alternative Press Review
http://flag.blackened.net/apr/

Free Leonard Peltier!

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree
that it exhibits anarchistic traits."
        - Jens Bjørneboe

ABORT THE RELIGIOUS RIGHT!