Re:

From Chuck0 <chuck@tao.ca>
Date Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:40:31 -0400
References <NDBBLPDFPKFPFNKKFEIHCEOMCDAA.grugnog@tao.ca>

[: hacktivism :]

These news stories are pretty funny, but there are grains of truth in
both. There will be riots and direct action on November 30th and the
financial industry had better be unprepared. These stories don't even
say anything about the plans being worked on to spread financial
disinformation on investment sites, in an attempt to get edgy day
traders to accidentaly screw up the markets.

The January 4 activities have been in the works for some time. There
will be a decentralized effort over the rest of the year to get tech
workers to take that week off work, a sort of "blue flu" to pay back the
employers for working them for so many long hours. Tech workers can see
the handwriting on the wall. Many of those working on Y2K projects will
be of work next year, which means the tech worker "shortage" will be
exposed for the sham myth it is.

I really shouldn't reveal more, because most of this relies on surprise
and speed and the big guys not having a clue.

--
Chuck0

Alternative Press Review
http://flag.blackened.net/apr/

Free Leonard Peltier!

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree
that it exhibits anarchistic traits."
        - Jens Bjørneboe