Re: a thread - east timor

From darlaa@mindspring.com
Date Sun, 10 Oct 1999 20:41:10 -0400
References <3.0.1.32.19991011093925.02fe1dc8@hutch.com.au>

[: hacktivism :]

sam =-= wrote:

> [: hacktivism :]
>
> >RK:
> >Sounds like a good idea.  It seems to me that a hacktivism action, or series
> >of actions, needs a target.  If so, we need to determine which
> >organization/s are most responsible for the secrecy and/or misleading PR.
> >In other words, who is a major source of the smoothing over of the issues in
> >East Timor?
> >
> >The IMF would seem to qualify.
> >

> Sure - the IMF and the World Bank ... Also, what sleazy deals Oz, US,
> Canada and other countries are making with Indonesian regime, over East Timor.
>
> In a recent article, documents were revealed that Australian Govt knew that
> Indonesia was basically arming the militia who massacred the East Timorese.
> More outings  of classified documents would help reveal the truth and
> motivations of certain nations.
>
> But perhaps we'll all need to wait for FoI in 30 years time - by which time
> that concent - ie freedom of information - will most likely be lost and
> long forgotten.
>
> - Sam.
>
> [: hacktivism :]
> [: for unsubscribe instructions or list info consult the list FAQ :]
> [: http://hacktivism.tao.ca/ :]

In a recent NPR interview, the leader of the East Timor independence
movement stated that there are NO militias involved in the conflict.
These are actually Indonesian regulars in civilian clothing. He said
that the US media was using the word militia to further their own
agenda.

Myrrdrin
--
ICQ 49344665

My PGP public key can be downloaded from http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371

CRASH ECHELON!

-------BEGIN HACKTIVISM SECTION OF THIS SIG FILE------

FBI CIA NSA IRS ATF BATF DOD WACO RUBY RIDGE OKC OKLAHOMA CITY MILITIA
GUN HANDGUN MILGOV
ASSAULT RIFLE TERRORISM BOMB DRUG HORIUCHI KORESH DAVIDIAN KAHL POSSE
COMITATUS RANDY WEAVER
VICKIE WEAVER SPECIAL FORCES LINDA THOMPSON SPECIAL OPERATIONS GROUP SOG
SOF DELTA FORCE
CONSTITUTION BILL OF RIGHTS WHITEWATER POM PARK ON METER ARKANSIDE IRAN
CONTRAS OLIVER NORTH
VINCE FOSTER PROMIS MOSSAD NASA MI5 ONI CID AK47 M16 C4 MALCOLM X
REVOLUTION CHEROKEE HILLARY
BILL CLINTON GORE GEORGE BUSH WACKENHUT TERRORIST TASK FORCE 160 SPECIAL
OPS 12TH GROUP 5TH
GROUP SF

------END HACKTIVISM SECTION------