Re: MASSIVE DISINFO CAMPAIGN UNDERWAY RE: JAM ECHELON DAY

From Chuck0 <chuck@tao.ca>
Date Thu, 07 Oct 1999 22:55:42 -0400
Organization Mid-Atlantic Infoshop is da Bomb
References <19991008010900.97152.qmail@hotmail.com>

[: hacktivism :]

Robert Kemp wrote:

> [: hacktivism :]
>
> This is all easily remedied.  James Glave or the editor/s at Wired issue a
> statement making the correction that the AJF has nothing to do with the
> effort [as stated by the American Justice Foundation's own founder] and
> Wired corrects the article to see to it that Jam Echelon Day is accurately
> portrayed as a grassroots movement [spreading the paradigm that the people
> DO have the capability to work such media miracles] and I would be happy to
> see to it that all of the forums that have carried this thread are notified.
>
> In fact, it would be even better if Wired ran a blurb, as a follow up story,
> containing the corrections.  A short email to one list [the hacktivism list]
> will not counter the disinformation EFFECT that the Wired story created.
> Consider that I received emails from around the globe CORRECTING me on the
> date, informing me that it was actually going to occur on the 18th.
>
> It would take little time and if Wired is interested in accurately covering
> this event, it would seem to be a necessity.

This is a reasonable request, given that Wired's credibility in the tech
community is at stake. It wouldn't take very much effort on their part
to run a retraction.

--
Chuck0
http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

Dr. Laura is scared of this sig file
Mid-Atlantic Infoshop
http://www.infoshop.org/

Spunk Library
http://www.spunk.org/
"All the anarchy you'll ever need, organized neatly
and with reassuring authority."
  -- 1998 Rough Guide to the Internet

FREE MUMIA ABU-JAMAL AND LEONARD PELTIER!