Re: successfully echelonised

From "Robert Kemp" <sensuant@hotmail.com>
Date Thu, 30 Sep 1999 12:26:11 EDT

[: hacktivism :]

----Original Message Follows----
From: jesse hirsh <jesse@tao.ca>

 > the isp is the gate way to the internet for most of us who don't have the
 > priviledge to own our own infrastructure. can't the isp control what gets
 > accessed and what doesn't? can't the isp control which domains you can
send
 > emails to and which you can't? isn't this regulation (control) ?

no, the isp can't really do that. theoretically it could, but practically it
can't.
RK:
ummmmmm.....then why is it that some sites are easily accessible from AT&T
Worlnet and Earthlink but I get a single word, in html format, when using
AOL that says "FORBIDDEN - you do not have permission to access this site
from this server."

It is usually pertaining to information on the political fringe.